There is lots to do and see in Edinburgh, here are a few ideas popular with our guests.
- Edinburgh Castle - With in excess of a million visitors a year Edinburgh Castle is Scotland’s top attraction. Instantly recognised the world over the world over as the backdrop to the Edinburgh’s Military Tattoo, Edinburgh Castle has plenty more to offer to visitors. The Scottish Crown Jewels, the ‘Honours of the Kingdom’ and the Stone of Desitiny are here on display. The National War Museum, National War Memorial and St Margaret’s Chapel are more points of interest at the castle worth visiting. Not to forget the fantastic views over the rest of Edinburgh.
- Holyrood Palace - The Palace of Holyrood is the Queens Scottish Residence and is packed with history. A tour of the Palace gives you a behind-the-scenes look at royal life today.
- The Royal Yacht Britannia - Now permanently docked in Leith the Royal Yacht Britannia is a favourite with our guests. It once toured the world and welcomed the titled and privileged aboard, now you can visit the the State Dining Room and private royal bedchambers.
- Scottish National Gallery - The National Gallery Complex connects the National Gallery and the adjacent Royal Scottish Academy. Home to permanent collections of fine art from the early Renaissance right up to the end of the 19th century including many Scottish works and well known artists such as Monet. There is a diary of touring exhibitions. Admission is free to the permanent collections.
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery - A fantastic array of portraits ranging from Mary, Queen of Scots and Robert Burns to Sean Connery. The building itself is worth a visit for its architecture. There is a shuttle bus which connects all the galleries.
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art - Home to modern art with works by Picasso, Warhol, Paolozzi & Matisse.